Evening Standard Press Coverage
Here is the latest news from The Evening Standard about the new French school opening this September. Built on the site of the former Brent Town Hall, the school will bring new families to Wembley Park and consolidate our growing French community. Led by Mireille Rabaté this bilingual school will follow the French curriculum and open with 500 students. Its cohort will eventually grow to 1,200.
The Lycée International de Londres was officially named as Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill on Saturday 24 January to coincide with the 50th anniversary of the former British Prime Minister’s death, on 24 January 1965. Its inaugural year also marks the 75th anniversary of Winston Churchill’s first becoming British Prime Minister and the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain. The lycée’s name was chosen in recognition of the crucial role played by Churchill in the victory of the Allied forces in World War Two and the 1944 Liberation of France.
The Lycée International de Londres Winston Churchill is an independent school set up by the French Education Charitable Trust (FECT). It joins the growing worldwide network of the Agency for French Education Abroad (AEFE), a government agency overseen by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Development. The AEFE’s network today numbers 494 educational establishments in 135 countries. Around 330,000 students are educated in these schools, with French nationals making up 40% of the student body and the remaining 60% originating from other countries.